Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Fresh Start: Back in the Blogosphere

After successfully accomplishing my first year in the graphic design program, I feel that I need to really start getting my name out there.  So I got a twitter account, cleared my facebook profile of all (if any) incriminating photographs and updated some portfolio sites... the only thing missing was a new blog! My original one, http://www.1styeargraphics.blogspot.com, needed a revival.

The purpose of having a new blog is to use the type tips and tools that I've been given to create a more professional, pleasant viewing experience for my followers.  I fully intend to post my upcoming summer projects (a few freelance branding opportunities, wedding stationary for some friends, an identity system of an elementary school, and even some painting experiments). But I also plan on posting all of the beautiful/sexy/powerful/relevant works that I find out there.

This blog is going to be a shout out to all of those happy accidents; the things you do or come across incidentally (but not unintentionally) that change the way you think about design.




^If you don't get why this FedEx logo is considered to be a happy accident, you should look it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment